Monday, November 19, 2012

Carpel Tunnel, Motivation, NaCoDrawMo

I've been quiet. Very quiet for about a month. Well if the title suggests anything... well. There's not much else to it!

We had a friend over for a weekend and that usually throws me off for another day or two, but after he left last time there was a lingering pain - and not just the pain of the loss of his presence!

No, this one was quite real, and ran from my drawing wrist up to my elbow. Doing some (what I hoped would be) light digital work, and then picking the ice from our sidewalks seemed to exacerbate the pain and put me out for another week or so, much to my chagrin. What made it weird (and a little frightening, I must confess) is that I do stretch and I do exercise. I literally had no choice but to do nothing - even being at the computer for to long hurt.

Nothing like not being physically able to create to put that drive in you, wouldn't you agree? I don't know about my other fellow creators, but I start getting twitchy if I can't at least doodle.

On the other hand (is that a pun?) I feel very accomplished! Writers have "NaNoWriMo" but I've made it no secret that I'm doing a comic variation; "NaCoDrawMo". Which is more or less the same, but I focus on getting a page from both "The Refuge" and "Requiem Mask" roughed out a day- alternating which title I work on each day... and getting a little ahead if I can manage. They are still ROUGH (very rough) but it's still rather amazing looking back on what I've managed to do!

Sure, there are things like the 24 hour comic challenge but... well. Maybe I'll save another story idea for that day.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw out an update to explain why there hasn't been much on my end. Let's get back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment