Monday, July 1, 2013

I'll Never Walk Away Again

Wake you up
In the middle of the night to say
I will never walk away again
I'm never gonna leave this bed
 The sound of his voice as he sang the words made her feel warm from head to toe. The song was appropriate, considering full scope of all that had transpired between them, but right now that didn't matter. Not when she felt more complete than she had been in a long time.
"That's a wonderful sentiment." She said, nestling closer against him. "...but can you do me one favor?"
"Anything." he said into the back of her neck.
"Cut your damn hair." 
She felt him laugh. "I'll think about it." 
"If you don't, then I want a divorce."
"We're not even married."
"We won't ever be if you keep looking like a hippie." 

Sketched up while listening to "Never Gonna Leave This Bed" by Maroon 5 (acoustic version)
I've had that mini scene in my mind since I sketched it! So happy to share it now. 

A *possible* scene far into the future of the Refuge. What happened? I don't know!

No comments:

Post a Comment