Monday, October 22, 2012

Speedpaint: School Photo

Well, it's of someone fictional, but that's what it reminds me of, wouldn't you say?

At the Edmonton Expo, I got to watch one of the teachers speedpaint a portrait. I don't know about everyone else, but I love to watch artist's work as it tends to make things "click" faster when I see the process in action! So I decided to give it a try! Ookami up there is my guinea pig since he's my oldest character creation, and it was fun giving him an edge of realism.

I spent a lot of time on this for being a "speed painting"- the problem I run into is that I see the errors along the way so I fret over them. A habit I want to chip away since the urge to fix all the things can be overwhelming! As it is I had to consciously stop myself.

Anyway, already looking forward to the next attempt. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment